Tuesday 11 August 2015

PROMOTION - ONE PRINCE, TWO KINGDOMS BY JANA GRISSOM

Title: One Prince, Two Kingdoms
Author: Jana Grissom
Publisher: Tate Publishing
Release Date: 12th May 2015

BLURB from Goodreads
My forehead’s throbbing. One minute this girl is yelling at me for giving up and the next, she’s laughing. Whiplash.

I squint my eyes at Danielle and whisper with my lips firmly in place, “I will never give up.”

Her voice is high and cheerful, “So what’s your plan?”

Johnny Boggs is a teen with trouble to spare who has learned one thing in life - trust no one. Paranoia befriends him as he moves into his fifth foster home and discovers no one appears as they are, his dreams are not just dreams, and he is supposedly the Prince of Shamayim.


On Johnny’s sixteenth birthday, fate requires him to leave the protection of this world but allows for him to choose to reign over the light or turn to the darkness. A vicious competition begins as two kingdoms fight for his loyalty while two beautiful girls, Danielle and Shay, fight for his attention. Time is running out; a decision must be made. Johnny finds it impossible to resist the beauty of his dreams, nor can he turn away from the one who has his heart.


PURCHASE LINKS
Amazon UK


MEET THE AUTHOR

What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
Jana Grissom. I was born in Dallas, Texas and raised in Crowley, Texas, which is where I still live today. In fact, I bought my childhood home! 

Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?
As a child, I wanted to grow up to be a mom, and teacher, and a writer. I couldn't decide, so, I did all three. 

Do you work another job as well as your writing work?
I am a middle school reading teacher of some amazing teens! Love them!

Who is your publisher? or do you self publish?
My publisher is Tate Publishing LLC out of Oklahoma.


GUEST POST

I am a middle school teacher and advocate for foster children and at-risk teens. My debut novel, “One Prince, Two Kingdoms,” came about as a result of disturbing nightmares my two foster children at the time were experiencing. After several nights of being awakened by their screams and running to comfort them, I had an idea – write a story and let their imaginations defeat their fears. The children were excited to hear stories of magical worlds and powerful celestials sent to guard them. Each night before bed, I would add new scenes and more adventures. After a few weeks, the nightmares were replaced with excitement.

The children are now living with family, but their pictures remain on my walls. “One Prince, Two Kingdoms” is dedicated to them and all the foster children who have been in my care, as well as my past and present students; my family, my two amazing teens, Kaylee and Cody, and my husband and best friend, Roy. I hope “One Prince, Two Kingdoms” will encourage children in a place of transition to have hope and never give up.

I am available to speak to students at secondary schools challenging them with a strong message, “S.T.O.P. the B.S.!” (Stop the Bullying and Suicide). I hold a Master of Education in Administration and Policy Studies and offer professional development in bullying identification, prevention, and intervention. I strongly believe that together we can S.T.O.P. bullying and suicide.

No comments:

Post a Comment