Sunday 16 December 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - NELL DIXON



What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
I’m Nell Dixon, a Black Country author, married to the same man for over twenty-seven years. I have three daughters, a tank of tropical fish and a cactus called Spike. Winner of the RNA’s prestigious Romance Prize in 2007 and 2010, I write warm-hearted contemporary romance for a number of publishers in the US and the UK including Myrmidon Press, Samhain Publishing, Little Black Dress, Astraea Press, E-Scape Press and Freya’s Bower.

Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?
I always loved Books and from aged four I used to make up stories. I have had a number of careers however and I'm a registered nurse, midwife and health-visitor.

Do you work another job as well as your writing work? 
I work part time for a disabled peoples charity in my local area where I manage a therapeutic garden project.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say? 
My latest release is the New Bay series collection. This is a bringing together of all five New Bay stories - these are set in a fictional Cornish seaside town and follow the lives and loves of different couples.

Who is your publisher? or do you self publish?
I'm fortunate to be published by Astraea press for my sweet read stories and also by Escape with a book for my less sweet titles. I have other publishers too and will be self publishing as Brierley Rose Press in 2013 for some of my work that doesn't fit any specific genre.

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it? 
For my shorter novellas - it takes about 10 weeks, for my midlength titles about 16 weeks and for a full length novel it takes me about a year as I'm working on several things at the same time.

What can we expect from you in the future?  ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre? 
I have a new release early in 2013 in time for Valentines day. It's called Lights, Camera, Poltergeist and is a follow up to Cue Me In. This is a Valentine with a difference - spooky, suspenseful and romantic. I'm also planning a new series of books based around a hotel so look out for those! Plus, my single title book - Radio Gaga - will also be released in 2013.

What do you do to unwind and relax?Do you have a hobby? 
I love to read. I also have a nerdy passion for old buildings, especially Cathedrals, churches and houses so Mr Nell and I tour in our caravan so I can visit different historic sites in the UK. Many of them find their way into my books.

Where can readers/fans follow you?

Your blog details?

Your web site?
http://www.nelldixon.com


Your Twitter Details?
@NellDixon

No comments:

Post a Comment