Sunday 2 December 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - KAYLA CURRY



What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
My name is Kayla Curry I was born and raised in North Platte, Nebraska. I’ve lived briefly in California as a toddler, but we moved back and I’ve lived here ever since.

Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?
I wanted to be everything from a Pop Star to a Lawyer. My mother always told me I could do anything and I believed her until I realized I couldn’t carry a tune and I was too nice to be a lawyer. Once I hit high school I realized that I liked to write and I took every writing class available. I was also on the school paper for three of my four years which gave me quite a bit of experience.

When did you first consider yourself as a "writer"?
I considered myself a writer when I was on the school paper. Then after high school I was back to just being me again until I finished my first novel. Then I got the confidence to cal myself a writer again.

Who is your publisher? or do you self publish?
I went the traditional route. My publisher is Martin Sisters Publishing. They are a small publisher run by two sisters. They are great to work with. They handled all the publishing stuff while I worked on marketing.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say?
My debut novel is Obsidian: Mystic Stones Series #1. Vampires use the threat of no technology to force humans to donate their blood to vampires.

Which of your books were easier/harder to write than the others?
Obsidian was surprisingly easy compared to the one I’m writing now, which is Amethyst, the third book in the series. Moonstone, the second book, was somewhere in between. I just finished Moonstone and its pending approval from my publisher.

What can we expect from you in the future? ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?
I’m sure that once I’m done with the Mystic Stones Series there will eventually be more paranormal books from me, but I’d also like to explore other genres like horror, romance and realistic fiction.

Where do you get your book plot ideas from? What/Who is your inspiration?
Usually the original idea comes from a dream—then as I’m writing it gets fueled by research. Research makes for great inspiration.

What is your favourite book and Why? Have you read it more than once?
My favourite books are the Sherlock Holmes collections. I love Sherlock Holmes and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is my favorite author. I’ve read the entire series at least three times and my favorite stories more times than I can count.

Do you gift books to readers to do reviews?
Yes, I do. If you are interested in a review copy please contact me on Twitter or Goodreads!

Where can readers follow you?



Twitter: @KaylaCurry1 or https://twitter.com/KaylaCurry1

1 comment: