Thursday 29 November 2012

TOUCHED - A SENSE THIEVES NOVEL BY CORRINE JACKSON

ISBN/ASIN: 9780758273338
Publisher: K Teen - Kensington Publishing Corp
Pages: 343
Formats Available: E-Book, Paperback
Available from: 27th November 2012

BLURB from Goodreads
Remy O’Malley heals people with touch—but every injury she cures becomes her own. Living in a household with an abusive stepfather, she has healed untold numbers of broken bones, burns,and bruises. And then one night her stepfather goes too far.

Being sent to live with her estranged father offers a clean start and she is eager to take it. Enter Asher Blackwell. Once a Protector of Healers, Asher sacrificed his senses to become immortal. Only by killing a Healer can a Protector recover their human senses. Falling in love is against the rules between these two enemies. Because Remy has the power to make Protectors human again, and when they find out, they’ll becoming for her—if Asher doesn’t kill her first.

This is Book One in the Touched trilogy.


MY REVIEW
My daughter, Rachel of Rai29BookReadNReview received this book in exchange for her honest opinion and review so I decided I'd like to read it. In fact I had heard about this one and wanted to read it quite a lot. Firstly I will start with the cover which I really really love!
The beautiful rose on the cover, which you will learn the relevance of upon reading the book. I also like the byline on the cover which says "Don't get too close"... which is a problem that Remy has with everyone she loves, gets close and then gets hurt. Also it would refer to her and Asher not being able to initially. The character names and their persona's are brilliantly well chosen and well developed too. I mean Asher, and Gabe are pretty strong sounding names, and Remy is not a "typical victim" name. I love the "forbidden" love element in the book too. Sure I admit the book has "Twilight by Stephanie Meyer" similarities and also reminded me a little of "Cursed by Jennifer L Armentrout" and also elements that shared similarities with the  X-men movies too. To me it didn't matter as I felt it had so much more extra and "new" too. I loved the new concept of Healer's and Protector's. I had kind of guessed that Remy was extra extra special but I still loved how it was revealed at the end. The ending of the book left so many opportunities and different ways that the whole story can go. I thought the way that Anna finally told Remy what/who she really was, was very original. Another thing I thought was so well done is a section where Remy realises that she should have gone with her intuition (you'll realize which bit when you read the book).
Remy's life doesn't have the greatest of starts living with her mom and her mom's violent partner Dean. Dean does some seriously awful stuff to Remy and her mom.
I really do not want to say much more, as I want you all to experience the book for yourselves as I did. I must admit to having a lump in my throat and a tear or two in my eyes at different points of this book.
So did I enjoy the book? Yes I really did. Would I recommend it? Oh, Yes I certainly would.
Would I read more by Corrine Jackson? I would certainly take a look at any books by her and consider reading them. Would I read another book in the Sense Thieves Series? Oh Yes, the next one will be going on my wishlist as soon as find its available and I know the title.

Available from Amazon.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pushed by Corrine Jackson has a strong main character with interesting personal relationships. Remy's world opens up even more when she meets her grandfather, whether for good or bad. She has to make several difficult choices dealing with the people she loves. A few typos, but all in all a great book!

    Marlene
    Ureteroscope

    ReplyDelete