Thursday 15 November 2012

BIRTHRIGHT - THE DARK GIFTS BY WILLOW CROSS

ISBN/ASIN: 2940011283611
Publisher: Self/Indie
Pages: 535
Formats Available: Paperback, E-book

BLURB from Goodreads
For one-thousand years, Druid prophecies foretold of a young witch destined to alter the fate of both human and immortal alike. This witch-turned-vampire would be capable of harnessing the supernatural abilities of both and, in a bloody rise to power, would rule with unwavering control.

Unwillingly thrust into a world she never dreamed existed, Liz Markum is catapulted into an ancient war between rival vampire factions. She must choose between those she loves and the ever-present darkness attempting to devour her very soul.

Only one question remains: Will Liz claim her birthright or surrender to the dark gift?

One choice.

One chance.

Two destinies.


MY REVIEW
I do like the cover even though I am a little unsure whether the female on the front is Angie or Liz, either of them would fit the image for me. Would the cover draw me to the book? I think it would yes, I like the colour's on the cover. They entice you to pick up the book.
I became truly hooked into this book and it's plot and sub plots almost straight away. I could hardly wait to read more of it and hated having to put it down to do the household chores. I do enjoy how Willow Cross writes in an easy flowing way, as you are asking the questions in your head, she is answering them within the book. I also love her characters, they are well described, and not always "perfect" in that they all have their own little quirks, and mannerisms and traits. I also enjoyed the aspect where vampires can be "good" "kind" and experience a "type of love" Of course as their are evil humans there are also evil vampires too. Monroe is a big bad shifty, untrustworthy vampire, who thinks himself above rules. 
There is a break in the council, the two factions are to go to war. Both sides have to regroup and train their armies
This book has it all! vampires, witches, druids, telepathic humans, prophetic dreams, and demons and they all have their place within this book and their own parts to play in the whole scheme of what is to happen. If you love paranormal/fantasy then you should really enjoy this book.
I really do not want to give away any type of spoiler so am reluctant to go into more detail. I just really really want people to read this book and enjoy it as much as I have. I mean yes I read a lot and yes I blog about it and I have read lots of books, but some you feel you want to really rave about and this is one of those!
So did I enjoy the book? Loved it! Would I recommend it? Yes to a wide range of readers. I would compare it to Vaempires by Thomas Winship which I also loved and wait (im) patiently for the next installment of, as I will be waiting for the next installement in The Dark Gifts series by Willow Cross.
Would I read more in this series? I plan to! Would I read more by Willow Cross? Yes please!

No comments:

Post a Comment