Tuesday 4 September 2012

DEMONS (SEER'S BK#2) BY HEATHER FROST

ISBN: 9781462110346
Publisher: Cedar Fort Books
Pages: 432
Formats Available: Hardcover, Kindle

BLURB from Goodreads
Kate’s life is far from normal. She can see auras, her boyfriend is immortal, and her powers make her a target. But now that the Demon Lord is hunting her, things are about to go from dangerous to truly deadly. Packed with action, mind-blowing plot twists, and characters you can’t get enough of, this is a fast-paced, heart-pounding read from cover to cover.

MY REVIEW
I was sent an ARC e-galley of this book from the lovely author herself. I was certainly looking forward to reading this book as I had enjoyed BK#1 Seer's so much. Here's a link to my review of Seers.
I wasn't sure about the cover to begin with but it's kind of grown on my with time until I am at a point where I really do like it now. My interpretation of the person on the cover is that it could be Patrick or a certain someone else whom to name would give away a juicy spoiler.
The byline on the cover says "demons are not just killers, they are also mastermind", and the "mastermind" part is certainly true in this book. The demons are very calculating, deceptive and conniving in this book. Everything they do is for a reason, for one final goal, but will they get what they want?
So it was a long, long time in terms of reading  that I had read Seers, the first book in this excellent trilogy. I was quite surprised by how quickly and easily I slipped back into this book. It was straight back into the action and drama, which I loved. I couldn't wait until I could pick it up to read!
This book is a total heart strings puller, I found myself gulping back the tears at a lot of places in this book. The friendship that Kate and Lee have is as strong as ever. Lee is as wacky as ever. I don't think this is a major spoiler and I think Heather won't mind me telling you! Lee goes through a Rainbow Days phase. In that literally from head to toe in one colour!! It's so funny, the people reactions to her.
Obviously we read more about the relationship between Patrick and Kate. They go through many trials and tribulations in this book, and their love stays as strong as always.
As the blurb says there are lots of plot twists and turns. Kate has some very difficult choices to make along the way in this book. Kate has to decide whether to let what appears to be fate to take it's course, or to consider the possibility of sacrificing herself to change things for the better.
Kate's life changed forever when she found out she was "special" by being a Seer. In this book Kate find out that far from special because she is a Seer, she is in fact a "special" type of Seer, which makes her even more valuable to the Demon Lord.
We meet the Demon Lord in this book, who is not what you at first presume him to be.
So plenty of new discoveries in this book.
We also meet more guardians, more Seers, as well as a "good" demon if that's even possible!
When I finished this emotionally charged book, I was speechless, whatever I seemed to come up with as a review just didn't seem good enough to describe the book well enough. To say I loved this book is an understatement, it is right up there on my best ever books list!
I am looking forward to Bk#3 now, even more than I was looking forward to Bk#2! I can't believe that the next book will be the last....
So did I enjoy the book? I certainly did. Would I read more by Heather Frost/In this series? Definitely Yes. Would I recommend? Yes very highly recommend.
You may have heard the phrase "Never a dull moment" well that is true of this excellent book!

Available at Amazon.co.uk

Where can you find out more and follow Heather Frost?


Website: 

Facebook Fan page:

Goodreads Author page: 




No comments:

Post a Comment