Monday 11 June 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - LEIGH MICHAEL





What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
Hey there! My name is Leigh Michael. I’m proud to say I was born and raised around Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I even went to college in the area at Villanova University. My husband and I are currently living in Washington, DC while he completes his MBA at Georgetown University.

Do you work another job as well as your writing work?
Yes, as a copywriter at an advertising agency. In this role, I see crafting messages as a big puzzle that's just waiting to be solved. I've found that writing a novel is quite similar and it’s been a great next step in my career. I love what I do.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in 20 words what would you say?
I just released my YA paranormal novel, Sprite (Annabelle’s Story Part One). As you probably guessed from the “Part One” there’s gonna be more. The sequel, Kin, will be out in the Fall of 2012. So, 20 words? Here we go: Set in present day with a Greek mythology background, it begs the questions how much can one half-human, half-sprite take?

Do you gift books to readers to do reviews?
Sure do! I plan to gift kindle books through the end of July. Shoot me your email address to leighmichaelbooks@gmail.com and I’ll send you over a copy. Plus, from June 11 through June 13 (PST) my kindle edition will be absolutely FREE on Amazon. Go get it!
Wow that's a great offer Leigh, Thankyou on behalf of us bloggers and readers!

Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you?
Absolutely. Sprite is jam-packed with personal anecdotes. There are stories of my childhood and even nods at my life now. The characters are a mishmash of personalities from my friends and family as well. Everyone says, “Write what you know,” and I agree with this to an extent. I used “what I know” to add details and depth to my story because I think it helps to make Annabelle more believable. I hope people turn the final page and feel like they know her. With that being said, I also believe it’s important to stretch your horizons and write about things unknown to you. I probably shouldn’t admit this, but before writing Sprite I knew very little about Greek mythology.

What can we expect from you in the future? More books of the same genre?
I have a great love for the young adult genre. I think it’s something that people of all ages can enjoy. For this very reason, I have every intention of writing more YA books in the future. In fact, I have another paranormal series on my queue for when I wrap up Annabelle’s Story. If you follow my website, I’ll be posting updates over the next few months.

How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book? Who designed the Cover of your book?
To be honest, the title just came to me. Sprite fit the bill. As far as the Cover Design, I searched for hours and hours to find the perfect photo. Not to pat myself on the back, but I love it. I think readers will see why once they get to the final page of the book. Without fail, the last few sentences bring the cover to life. Of course, this powerful Cover wouldn’t be possible without the ever-so-talented Carissa Katz. She’s an extremely gifted designer.

Your web site?

Your facebook page?

Your Goodreads author page?
http://www.goodreads.com/goodreadscomleighmichaelbooks (rate me!) 


Thankyou for taking the time to do this Interview for my blog, and the fantastic offer of a FREE book to those who e-mail you and not forgetting your e-book FREE on Amazon from 11th (TODAY) June until 13th June.

1 comment:

  1. Great interview! I downloaded the kindle edition. Can't wait to read it! :D

    ReplyDelete