Thursday 12 April 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - NIKKI JEFFORD




What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
I was born during the first snowfall of 1977 in Anchorage, Alaska and now reside in the not-so-tropical San Juan Islands in Washington.


Do you work another job as well as your writing work?
Down with Day Jobs! I was very happy working for my family at Once in a Blue Moose for two decades (starting at age 9). Since leaving, I’ve had the following delightful experiences: Eight screaming kids climbing up the walls at a daycare, Cruella De Vil snapping at me to schedule her facial at a spa, a grumpy old millionaire watching as I did grounds keeping on his property (and he made me paint the floor of his meat locker after hearing I was vegan), and, last but not least, having a woman throw her bill in my face at the reception desk for an eye doctor. Now I work in a shipping department and don’t have to deal with people as much. Perfect!


Do you gift books to readers to do reviews?
I would happily gift books to readers in exchange for a review. Contact nikki_jefford (at) hotmail (dot) com.


How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books?Who designed the Cover of your books?

 I stole the title Entangled from a historical romance I was brainstorming. Somehow I got sucked into writing YA paranormal and have had too much fun to stop.
For my cover (as with the book trailer) I spent HOURS scouring royalty-free stock images. The wonderful Najla Qamber took it from there and put together a gorgeous final book cover. Naj is an absolute joy to work with – quick and kind even when she has a neurotic writer on her hands.

What do you do to unwind and relax?Do you have a hobby?
Walking and wine are my two favorite means of relaxation, though reading is the ultimate escape. It takes me away from everything.

What do you think about book trailers?
I love book trailers! They’re perfect for people, like me, with ADD. I’ve purchased books I wouldn’t have after watching the trailer. I’m a very visual person, which is why having a butt-kicking trailer was as important to me as the book cover.

Thanks for the Interview Nikki!

No comments:

Post a Comment