Saturday 18 February 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - TANIA JOHANNSON




1.   What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?

My name is Tania Johansson, author of Book of Remembrance. I was born in a small town called Ficksburg in South Africa. I now live in Kent, England.


2.   Do you work another job as well as your writing work?
Yes, I work as an optician, but I hope to become a full time writer in future!


3.   What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say?
My first novel, Book of Remembrance, is now out on amazon. Fantasy following Kadin through a learning, loving, fighting, race against time to fulfil his destiny.


4.   How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?
I started writing Book of Remembrance in end of May and finished end of November.


5.   What can we expect from you in the future? ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?
I have now started writing the second book in this series and for the foreseeable future, I will stick to writing fantasy, because that is what I love!


6.   What made you decide to write that genre of book?
I love reading fantasy. You can lose yourself in a fantastical tale, a whole different world. I love delving into my imagination.


7.   Do you have a favourite character from your books? and why are they your favourite?
Alathaya is definitively my favourite. She is strong and independent, but at the same time, she has a soft feminine side to her.


8.   Would you ever ask a reviewer to change their review if it was not all positive about your book/books?
No, of course not. The point of getting a review is to get someone else’s honest opinion.


9.   How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books?Who designed the Cover of your books?
The title was the very last thing I decided on. It just fit with the whole theme of the book. The Cover was done by my amazing husband of many talents.


10. Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you?
I haven’t based characters directly on people, although I use certain character traits in people that I know to shape my characters into the people I want them to be.


11. Are there any hidden messages or morals contained in your books? (Morals as in like Aesops Fables type of "The moral of this story is..")
I guess you could say a moral in Book of Remembrance would be that there is value in remembering the past and that you should learn the lessons it offers.  


12. Is there a certain Author that influenced you in writing?
There are many that have inspired me, but the one that tipped the balance for me was Brandon Sanderson. He is a master of the craft.


13. Which format of book do you prefer, ebook,hardback, or paperback?
I am addicted to my Kindle, but I do love the feel and smell of a paperback.


14. What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it?(ebook, hardback or paperback)
I am reading a Warrior’s Tale by Lorna Suzuki on my kindle, it is brilliant.


Where can readers follow you?

Your blog details?    http://taniajohansson.blogspot.com/
Your Twitter details?   Follow me at @taniajohansson

No comments:

Post a Comment