Thursday 12 January 2012

FANGS RULE; A GIRLS GUIDE TO BEING A VAMPIRE BY AMY MAH


BLURB from Goodreads
The guide is fully illustrated by manga Artist Heby and is written in an easy to follow A - Z format explaining everything a teenage vampire girl would need to know about living life as a modern Vampire. 

* What is fashionable to wear when eating out? 
* Fang maintenance & how to keep your claws sharp. 
* Should you let a boy bite you on the first date? 

Easy to understand clear advice is given to every day problems. 
Example: When you get an urge to bite: 
We all get those normal urges to bite things, and I must point out it is very normal, Claws are all well and good in a fight but a bite gives the extra advantage of getting a refreshing drink at the same time. 

Lots of girls worry about showing their Fangs in public believing that to show your fangs is rude, but don't be shy they can be a girls greatest asset (ok second greatest asset) if a boy is being rude to you, don't just snarl at him, just bite him! You are a vampire why do you think you have sharp teeth if not for sinking them into a boy that is being rude to you. 



Watch the book trailer here   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM6qG0P_ISA


This is a funny tongue in cheek humour type of book. It is literally an A to Z of all things Vampire. I did enjoy this book, it is the type you can dip in and out of, however I read the book all in one sitting. I wonder what the next book will be like from Amy Mah, will we learn more about her Aunt and Uncle, more Nest politics etc. now we know the Vampire Rules we are all set for more insight into Amy Mah's life as a born Vampire. I honestly don't usually re-read books but I think I would re-read bits if not all of this book again and again.
The illustrations are really good, I love the cover illustration too. The illustrations are very anime like, though you do not need to be into anime to appreciate them.
I am looking forward to see what Amy Mah produces next!
I would say the book is aimed at all those who love vampires but I would say there is the odd sexual innuendo within the A to Z listings so not for the very young, though I suppose the innuendo would or should just go over their heads.



No comments:

Post a Comment