Sunday 9 October 2011

TEMPTING THE ENEMY BY DEE TENORIO



Detective Pale Rysen, is an Alpha,he is determined to secretly rebuild the Wolf packs from the ashes of genocide. When a killer starts picking off young females that are looking for sanctuary, it's Pale Rysen's job to protect them. Rysen is forced to work with a hated enemy, he fears his cover will be blown.
Jade-Scarlet's membership in the powerful Order of the Sibile has always been controversial. Jade is half wolf and has unstable psychic powers that are a disappointment to her mercenary handlers. So when the Oracle commands her to work with Pale, Jade has a chance to prove herself and prove herself she must!...even if it means challenging the enigmatic shifter who is Pale Rysen.
However Pale triggers more than Jade's curiosity. He sends her into Heat, and the intense sexual attraction could mean losing control of her gifts—something Jade cannot allow. As the number of victims rises, so does the danger. A murderous darkness wants them both dead. But even if they stop the killer, how long can they fight against each other?



For some reason I had in my head that this series of books by Dee were actually YA and I got a little surprised at the first er.."steamy" descriptions, but have to say this book is really very good. The steamy sections are not overly done or out of place, I would say they are tastefully steamy. I love the characters of Pale and Jade-Scarlett. They initially have a strong mutual distrust of each other yet are also strongly attracted to one another. I love that Jade-Scarlett is a strong female character who stands her ground and is willing to face whatever and whomever she must to complete her assignment
This is a great start to what seems to me to be another great shifter series comparable to the Rachel Vincent series "Shifters" and also I found Dee's writing as captivating as Kelley Armstrong's "Women of the Otherworld" Series. I would certainly recommend this book and am seriously looking forward to reading book 2 in the series which is called Deceiving the Protector. A definite "I recommend to read" I also have to add I love the cover, I presume it is a picture of Jade-Scarlett. Her eyes draw you into wanting to know more about her too, and of course wanting to read the book. I think a cover is the first thing that catches your attention with a book.


Available from Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, Amazon.co.uk £3.67 kindle edition .

No comments:

Post a Comment